Transportation Research Board midyear meeting call for participation
Posted in: Cultural Resources
It is that time of the year again to propose your ideas for the upcoming Transportation Research Board Committee on Historic and Archaeological Preservation in Transportation (ADC50) mid-year meeting in Salt Lake City on July 17-20. This year we’ll have a joint meeting with two other TRB committees – the ADC10 Environmental Analysis Committee and ADC30 Ecology and Transportation Committee.
The conference theme is “Collaboration and Innovation Leading the Way” and will share innovations and collaborations for project delivery in an environmentally sensitive manner. The meeting will include a diverse program that includes multiple-track sessions focused on committee disciplines as well as plenary sessions that cover the converging interests of the three committees.
ADC50 invites proposals from individuals who wish to present papers that place a special emphasis on the conference theme and integrate the interests of all three committees. Papers and presentations that fall into one of the following general topic areas are suggested:
- FAST Act- Title 1 and Title 41, 106/4f Alignment
- Cross-Populating Research Needs
- Integration of NEPA, Section 106 and/or 4(f)
- Historic Bridges
- Evaluating Apartment Buildings for National Register Eligibility
- Examining “After the Project Is Built” Outcomes
- Mitigation Banking In Terms of Cultural Resources
- Mobility On-Demand – Where Does That Connect? Alternatives? Technology Based Solutions?
- Guidance On Greenhouse Emissions
- Energy and Climate Change
- SCOE- NCHRP 25-25 Projects – What Difference Have They Made?
- Use of Remote Sensing Technology (E.G. Ground Penetrating Radar, etc.)
- Using Drone Technology to Identify Environmental Resources And Impacts
- Landscapes, Cultural Ecology and Historic Preservation
If you have an idea for a session, would like to be a session moderator, or would like more information please email ADC50’s Programming Chair Mary Alfson Tinsman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Presentation proposals are due by April 1.
Registration information and other details are forthcoming soon. The Utah Department of Transportation is the local sponsor and host.
Filter by Expertise
National Park Service provides $500K in support of diversity
February 13, 2018
Sacramento celebrates Mid-Century Modern architecture study
January 24, 2018
Draeger donation to Building Technology Heritage Library
January 17, 2018
Cultural Resource Insights of 2017
January 3, 2018
about 11 hours ago
Springfield-Branson National Airport rescue facility completed on fast-tracked schedule https://t.co/LNAD1uxYj1… https://t.co/L0N02UEEdh
about 13 hours ago
Raj Sheth is the @IBMadison Lifetime Achievement award winner in large measure because of Mead & Hunt’s status as… https://t.co/BjW0dK3bkH