National Trust for Historic Preservation calls for conference ideas
Posted in: Cultural Resources
Is there a topic or a key speaker you’d like to see at the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s annual conference, PastForward 2017? The conference will be in Chicago from November 14–17, and the NTHP wants your input to shape the educational programming.
Conference planners are particularly interested in programming ideas that follow these three themes:
- ReUrbanism – Highlighting preservation’s role in creating sustainable communities.
- Technology – Applying the latest applications to preserving and interpreting historic resources.
- Health – Understanding the physical and psychological benefits historic places offer.
Submit your speaker and programming ideas by February 15 and you can help shape the conference.
The NTHP is looking for ideas for:
- Marquee presentations that feature talks from thought leaders
- In-depth, 75-minute interactive learning labs
- Quick 30-minute impactful overviews of the pressing issues
- Day-long, skill-building training for leadership
- Half- or full-day field studies that look at local preservation projects
To help generate ideas, NTHP provides videos from last year’s conference. Click on the YouTube image above to watch the Opening Plenary Session by Stephanie Meeks.
NTHP’s annual conference also includes opportunities for you and/or your projects to receive industry acclaim. Award nominations are due by March 1st and may be submitted for cutting-edge preservation projects, individual lifetime achievement, emerging leaders, non-profits and more.
It’s going to be a great conference. The Mead & Hunt team will be there in force and we look forward to talking with you.
Filter by Expertise
North Carolina Cultural Connections
August 28, 2019
Mead & Hunt’s Climate Initiative
June 25, 2019
01:33 PM Sep 19th
As our environment changes, so do our stormwater solutions. New technologies and tools are entering the scene—and t… https://t.co/QAkPDb8vpL
01:47 PM Sep 18th
We can't wait to meet our #futureleaders at the @michiganstateu career fair today! Stop by our booth to pick up so… https://t.co/aOtICxZHQy