FAA funds to aid Pellston airport with pavement rehab
August 30, 2018
Emmet County’s Pellston Regional Airport will be receiving upward of $170,000 worth of federal funding to rehabilitate its runways and taxiways.
The Federal Aviation Authority awarded the grant in early August after county officials approved plans for the project and filed an application for funds late last month. According to county documents, the agency will front up to 95 percent of the construction and planning work needed for the project, with the remaining 5 percent to be split evenly between state and county dollars.
Plans for the project were drawn up by Mead & Hunt and processed the the Michigan Department of Transportation.
The grant will allow the contractor to seal cracks and lay down new markings on runway areas covering approximately 825,000 square feet, plus about 875,000 square feet of taxiways and 68,000 square feet of apron. All totaled, those tasks would cost about $175,000 in its bid for the project, and subsequent contract with the county, earlier this summer.
The county submitted an application for a grant on July 26. The FAA’s share of the costs will be just shy of $174,000, according to information released by the agency in its most recent round of grants.
READ MORE in the News Review
07:54 PM Sep 20th
#Oroville taught us that #damsafety must include #appurtenant structures including #waterconveyance. Proactive… https://t.co/WeTlfYWHau
07:52 PM Sep 20th
The only way to achieve success with a project this intricate is to work hand-in-hand with the client. It was impor… https://t.co/uoACJ7votu
Apps and GPS changing traffic patterns with integrated design
September 20, 2018
Engineering cost estimating is horseshoes, not hand grenades
September 18, 2018
Ohio roundabout project wins partnering award
September 13, 2018