ACEC National Transportation Steering Committee gains Mike Ciotola as newest member
May 8, 2019
Mead & Hunt Transportation Department Manager Mike Ciotola, PE, Assoc. DBIA has been appointed to serve as a member of the ACEC National Transportation Steering Committee for the 2019-2020 term. The Transportation Steering Committee is responsible for promoting ACEC priorities on matters related to federal transportation legislation, funding and regulation. Mike brings over 28 years of extensive transportation experience to the role.
The committee’s goals include:
- Promote long-term, sustainable revenue sources for transportation programs, including increasing federal fuel taxes and expanded tolling authority.
- Work with AASHTO and FHWA to press for the implementation of the revised Uniform Audit and Accounting Guide; promote uniform FAR compliance, clear guidance on executive compensation, and elimination of arbitrary overhead and salary caps in every state.
- Defeat efforts to restrict outsourcing by state DOTs and promote/strengthen outsourcing provisions in legislation and program guidance.
- Oversee successful implementation of the FAST Act, including regulatory actions to streamline project delivery, develop and integrate performance-based measures into planning and programming, and grants for states to study mileage-based user fees and other alternative revenue mechanisms.
- Collect and disseminate best practices and legislative recommendations to promote successful outcomes for member firms on public-private partnerships and design-build projects in the transportation sector.
- Monitor impact and advocate industry priorities in emerging practices and technologies, including unmanned aircraft systems, 3D modeling, connected/automated vehicles, sustainability and practical design standards.
- Utilize ACEC alliances with other transportation and infrastructure organizations to advance ACEC priorities.
Mike is eager to start this new role and excited to represent Ohio. “This is an exciting opportunity for me to put my years of industry experience to good use,” says Mike. “The work I aim to accomplish serving on the Transportation Steering Committee aligns perfectly with the goals of Mead & Hunt—serving the needs of my community.”
Mead & Hunt is an employee-owned consulting firm and remains strong on ENR’s Top 500 design firm list with a national ranking of 119th in 2019. The firm employs over 750 employees from 30+ offices located across the nation and was named by CE News one of the top 10 engineering companies to work for in the nation.
about 7 hours ago
We are #hiring for an Experienced Civil Engineer - Military Airfields in OR, US! Apply here! #meadhuntcareers https://t.co/EsgwEx1Fb8
04:39 PM Jan 18th
We are #hiring for a Roadway Design Engineer in North Charleston, SC! Apply here! #meadhuntcareers https://t.co/fjWQckTX0D