In 2020 (and beyond), Mead & Hunt cares
This has been a challenging year for us all. One thing 2020 has taught us is the true value of a strong community. In 2020 more than ever, we needed to rely on our value of putting people first. As December 1st is Giving Tuesday, we want to highlight our internal Mead & Hunt Cares program, which supports employee-directed giving that truly makes a difference. Through giving back to others, we strengthen our communities and ourselves, allowing us all to thrive.
Despite the challenges of 2020, Mead & Hunt contributed about $172,000 to individuals in need, local communities, and national organizations. Not bad, given that we’ve been apart longer than we’ve been together this year. Though we had to find work-arounds for our traditional fundraising efforts, we still managed to support causes important to our values. Highlights include:
- $40,000 was donated to organizations advocating for social justice.
- Around 90 employees used Individual Community Service Paid Time Off, totaling 638 labor hours. Employees gave blood, worked at polling places, assisted local families in need, mentored students, served at local homeless shelters, delivered meals during the pandemic, and more!
- We participated in several Team Up for a Cause activities: Gilda’s Run; School Supply drives; Food drive donations; Walk for veterans; and several park, beach, and river clean-ups.
- We matched nearly $3,000 in employee donations.
- 7 recipients were awarded scholarships through Mead & Hunt.
In addition, in honor of Giving Tuesday, many organizations will have match opportunities, so it’s a great time to donate! Mead & Hunt will also match employee donations if they haven’t already done so this fiscal year.
Throughout this past year, we’ve had to learn to adapt and overcome significant challenges. One thing has stayed constant: our strong value of putting people first. As we move into 2021, we will continue to develop new opportunities and ideas for community giveback that work for our current environment.
Embracing innovation in a changed world
January 22, 2021
Wildfires, safety, and water quality: after the smoke clears
January 21, 2021
Virtual Public Involvement is the new normal – whatever that is.
January 20, 2021
Plan now for airport growth
January 19, 2021