Participate in Transportation Research Board’s summer meeting
Posted in: Cultural Resources
Plan to attend the upcoming Transportation Research Board Committee on Historic and Archaeological Preservation in Transportation (ADC50) mid-year meeting in Minneapolis from July 16-19. The conference will include the committee meetings, two days of paper sessions and presentations, and a one-day field trip to historic Stillwater, Minnesota.
A great way to participate is to submit a paper session or presentation – proposals are due by April 14th. The conference will examine the laws, regulations, policies and procedures for the preservation of historic structures, and archeological materials, information and cultures.
The committee encourages proposals falling into the topic areas:
- Indirect and Cumulative Effects
- How much is too much before an Adverse Effect?
- Context sensitive design in MOAs for projects in historic districts
- Historic preservation opportunities during project planning
- Exemptions and Program Comments
- When laws conflict – Transportation project reviews under different federal agencies
- Alternative mitigation – Best practices and mitigation that is commensurate with the Effects
- Statewide archaeology models
- Digitization efforts
- New and innovative uses of technology
- Rural landscapes
- Battlefields to roadside parks
- The recent past
- Post-World War II bridges
- Suburban development
- Linear transportation corridors
Engineer Talk – Help educate cultural resource professionals about how to “talk engineer” With a focus on vocabulary differences and collaboration.
The committee will consider alternate session topics as well. For more information on paper and presentation for ADC50 download the Call for Presentations.
ADC50’s website provides a gateway to information and resources related to the preservation of historic and archeological resources, including published resources and how to get involved with the committee.
Check back for more information as conference planning continues.
Filter by Expertise
North Carolina Cultural Connections
August 28, 2019
Mead & Hunt’s Climate Initiative
June 25, 2019
about 12 hours ago
We are #hiring for a Roadway Design Engineer in Tallahassee, US! Apply here! #meadhuntcareers https://t.co/AlHFf3KKjx
03:59 PM Sep 20th
We are #hiring for an Experienced Civil Engineer - Military Airfields in SC, US! Apply here! #meadhuntcareers https://t.co/BC8Ss6ZOCD