In my words: Kindall Shannon
I started with Mead & Hunt on September 14 as an Architectural Intern in the Aviation Architecture Department, assuming my role would be primarily in construction document assistance. Though not always glorious, I need the hours for my licensing process so I was excited to start.
My role manifested in a much more fluid and diverse way. I have been provided the opportunity to work with both the Government and Aviation groups on various aspects of projects. My weeks combine research, graphic representation, presentation designs, technical drawings, and reports. It is an amazing opportunity to be fed in so many ways, all of which allow me to pursue my passion of “gifted design.”
Gifted design can be considered in a variety of questions:
- Does the consumer gain something beyond the function of the facility?
- Is the project’s design efficient and easy to work with for partnering disciplines and contractors?
- Are client conversations smoother because they inherently understand information through graphic representations?
- Do presentations convey emotion as much as stated information?
- Are details easy to understand and construct using labor, time and materials in a sustainable way?
My goal is to better serve the people we work with in every stage of the process. Remembering to include design gifts helps me as I strive for architecture to be a tool that serves people and enriches community.
Kindall Shannon is an Architectural Intern in our Middleton, Wisconsin, location. Kindall holds degrees from Texas A&M and Clemson University. When not in the office, she loves baking cookies, making homemade ice cream and trying out new recipes on her husband. Kindall loves being outdoors and can’t wait to try winter sports this year in her first Wisconsin winter.
about 12 hours ago
We are #hiring for an Administrative Assistant position in US-SC-Florence! Apply at: https://t.co/Ak20jFc1nI https://t.co/2VoAOPAglC
01:01 PM Mar 27th
We are #hiring for an Entry-Level Engineer(s) position in US-SC-Charleston! Apply at: https://t.co/Ak20jFc1nI https://t.co/bMOjft4aNs
White House budget proposal axes preservation funding
March 28, 2017