History

Mead & Hunt is a national firm offering design services in the fields of planning, design, architecture and engineering. Our staff’s multidisciplinary skills are available from offices nationwide. Daniel W. Mead, an internationally recognized expert in hydroelectric and hydraulic engineering, established this consulting firm in 1900. Henry Hunt, an electrical and civil engineer, became a partner in the firm in the early 1920s. Growth through this partnership allowed Mead & Hunt to further diversify into other areas of engineering and architecture.

The firm’s services expanded to meet the country’s changing social needs. Civil and highway engineering were added as interstate highway networks were created. Airport planning and design supported the military during the 1940s. After World War II, the firm’s services grew to include architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical engineering when new housing, commercial and industrial buildings were needed. And this growth and expansion has continued. Since 1995, Mead & Hunt has grown from 100 employees in two Wisconsin offices to more than 500 employees in 30+ offices nationwide. Our services have expanded to include environmental, energy, water and wastewater operations, and maintenance and more.

Today, Mead & Hunt is ranked as one of the top 150 consulting firms in the country by ENR and takes pride in being named among the top 25 best civil engineering firms to work for in the country by CE News. We care about people, we invest in relationships and we bring the best of who we are to bear on every client engagement.